Fresh Asparagus Ribbon Salad
Posted on June 06, 2016 by Jenny Devine | 0 comments
1 bunch asparagus
pine nuts, toasted
Parmigiano Reggiano, shaved
1/4 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
juice of 1/2 fresh lemon
pinch of kosher salt
fresh ground pepper
1/2 tsp dijon mustard
dash of cayenne
- Wash arugula and spin dry with our favorite salad spinner (see below) and place into a large salad bowl.
- Mix dressing by whisking all vinaigrette ingredients together.
- Wash asparagus, snap off woody stems and carefully peel into ribbons.
- Using our favorite vegetable peeler, (see below) create ribbons by peeling from the bottom of the stalk and moving upward toward the tip.
- Toast pine nuts in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir and toast until golden brown.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave Parmigiano Reggiano into thin ribbons.
- Add all ingredients to salad bowl, toss with vinaigrette and marinate for 10-15 minutes before serving.