Celebrate Your LOVE with Breakfast in Bed!
Breakfast recipes for everyone on your Valentine's List!
FOR THE ROMANTIC...
RASPBERRY DUTCH BABIES
It’s not a pancake, it’s not a crepe. What is a Dutch Baby? Answer, the perfect romantic answer to breakfast in bed on Valentine’s Day! They are surprisingly simple, but super fancy!
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup of cream, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 lemon extract
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 tbsp butter, room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Preheat your 10 inch cast iron skillet on center rack.
- Mix dry ingredients: flour, sugar and salt. Set aside.
- In separate bowl, add eggs, whisk in milk and extracts.
- Slowly whisk dry and wet ingredients until completely smooth.
- Remove hot skillet froth oven and melt butter, swirling and coating the whole skillet.
- Slowly pour batter into skillet and bake for 15 minutes or until the edges are toasty
- golden and puffed.
- Remove Dutch Baby from oven and allow to deflate.
Top with berries and serve with a kiss!!
(Ladles & Linens products needed: Lodge Cast Iron skillet, 12 inch French whisk, mixing bowls, measuring cups/spoons)
FOR THE LOVED ONE ON A NEW YEARS DIET...
NAVAL ORANGE BRULEE
I love to be healthy, but Valentine’s usually isn't a day to diet. If you must (and I REALLY mean MUST!), here is a great, super simple recipe to make it happen. Even the most kitchen challenged partner can make this breakfast in bed treat!
- 2 oranges (halved crosswise)
- 3 tbsp raw sugar
- Trim 1/4 of peel from bottom of each orange half to prevent it from rocking back and forth.
- Place orange, cut side down, on paper towels to dry.
- Flip fruit and sprinkle. Invert fruit and sprinkle sugar to each orange half.
- Using a kitchen torch, heat sugar until melted and beginning to turn dark amber.
(Ladles & Linens products needed: Professional Chef’s torch, measuring spoons)
HOT CHOCOLATE BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE
Chocolate for breakfast? Is it crazy or totally brilliant? Bottom line is… who cares! It’s Valentines Day, a day that chocolate, in my opinion, is totally acceptable and a downright qualification for a successful start to the day! Kick things out the right way with your lovies and try this scrumptious treat that is great for any soul, at any age.
- 2 cups Almond milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 almonds
- 1/2 cup plain, full fat (and taste) yogurt
- 1 banana
- cinnamon and cayenne (optional)
In blender combine all above ingredients. Sprinkle with cinnamon and cayenne.
(Ladles & Linens products needed: Vitamix, 12 inch French whisk, Nesting mixing bowls, Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Vanilla Extract)
FOR THE MAMAS AND THE PAPAS...
MINI PANCAKE MUFFINS
If you are like me with little ones, you have to get them involved in EVERYTHING going on or it'll never happen! Parents you know what I'm saying! So on Valentine’s Day, there is no exception. They want to get in on the romantic action too. Kiddos love things in miniature and of course sugar! This recipe is perfect to make your loved ones and serve in bed!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a mini muffin pan with butter
- Whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Whisk together milks, egg, vanilla and oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir together just until combined (lumps are acceptable).
- Place one tablespoon in each muffin cup. Top with blueberries
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden and set
(Ladles & Linens products needed: Duo Ballon Whisk with ball, Nesting mixing bowls, Nielsen-Massey Madagascar, Vanilla Extract, USA Pan Non-stick muffin sheet)