Easy five-ingredient coconut bark
Spring is in the air! Warm snaps in March are referred to as "fool's spring," as we could easily be slammed with a snowstorm within a week. But call me a fool! I'm soaking it up until sundown, dinner be damned. (Yes, a food writer just said that.)
Whereas our soggy February saw me indoors belting out mass quantities of food, spring fever has me restless. I don't want to spend too much time in the kitchen, so I've been enjoying this five-ingredient coconut bark. It's simple and since it's sweetened with honey and uses dark chocolate and coconut oil, it's surprisingly healthy too!
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 2 cups shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup honey
- A pinch of sea salt
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan until it liquifies
- Add all of the other ingredients, except for the chocolate, stir
- Line a sheet pan with foil or wax paper, and pour the mixure in
- Shake pan until the layer is even, then place in freezer until solid
- Melt the chocoate in a pan, and pour over the top of the tray in the freezer
- Dust with an extra sprinkle of sea salt to make it pop
- Freeze until both layers are solid, then break apart and enjoy!
- Note: Keep in the freezer, as coconut oil melts at room temperature
Since these are stored in the freezer, they can be a cool treat on warm days. Using honey instead of sugar makes it guilt-free. Coconut oil provides immune support, and dark chocolate is loaded with antioxidants. But most of all, they're scrumptious.
Now, whip up a quick batch and get back outside before it snows again!