It's that time of year when the pace of life quickens. We're alway dashing off to work or school or after-school activities. But hunger waits for no one, so why not have some fun with it? These recipes are so inventive, no one will even notice how healthy they are!
You can ony toss a granola bar at your kid so many times before they get the groans. Variety is the spice of life, so let's talk scary spice!
- One Granny Smith apple
- Mini marshmallows
- Peanut butter
- Slice the apple
- Take two slices, and slather one side with peanut butter
- Line one peanut butter slice with marshmallows, like teeth
- Stick the second slathered slice on the bottom, allowing the peanut butter to hold the "teeth" in place on the top and bottom
Spooky Avocado Toast
- An avocado
- A sheet of seaweed
- A squeeze of lemon
- A dash of salt
- A slice of toast
- One sliced radish
- Sliced black olives
- Sliced red pepper
- Toast the bread
- Open and scoop out avocado. Smash with lemon and dash of salt in a small bowl
- Spread on the toast
- Decorate with the other ingredients, per the photo
- I encourage you to experiment with what you have - have fun with it!
While these recipes do require a bit of prep, there is zero cooking involved. Making these snacks is a lot more realistic than what you see in films. I mean, what family actually has time for eggs, toast and fresh-squeezed orange juice in the morning? And the dads in these movies sipping coffee and going through the paper? Before work? Get outta here!