After a family tragedy and going dark for almost a month on social media, everyone was thrilled to see her back. She came back swinging, and in the kitchen! She spent an entire week perfecting these chewy peanut butter popcorn balls. I salivated through her stories, as she worked though four iteations of the recipe, tying to get it just right.
This recipe doesn't exist onine, and I'm sure she's saving it for a cookbook. I couldn't wait. I tried and tweaked a recipe that gives that addictive marshmallow chewiness, the hint of salty popcorn and the sweetness of chocolate and peanut butter. And believe it or not, I kept track of the meaurements!
What you need:
- 13 cups of salted, popped popcorn (just pop a big pot)
- 1/4 cup butter (salted or unsalted)
- Additonal butter to coat a 9x13" pan
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup of smooth peanut butter
- Butter a 9x13" pan and set aside
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large pot
- Add 10 oz marshmallows to the butter, and keep stirring
- Once it's melted, stir in peanut butter
- Once it's melted, pour all of the popcorn into the pot and stir vigorously. It gets sticky, and muscle work is vital!
- Very quickly, stir in chocolate chips amd remove from heat before fully melted
- Press contents of the pot into the buttered tray, press flat with a spatula and allow to cool
- Once cool, cut into squares and enjoy!
- Keeps in an airtight container for 4-5 days..if it can even last that long!