When it comes to Mother's Day, there's always brunch. By all means I'm a fan, but the restaurants will be packed with families. And didn't you do brunch last year? And the year before?
Why not enjoy the luxury of a good brunch without leaving the comfort of your home? Elevate your breakfast in bed with brunch in bed. What's the difference? Happy you asked!
This brunch should be next level, so while you're nibbling, have the family clean the house. Should you her any moans, beguile them with tales of childbirth to put them in their place. And while you're at it, prop open the iPad and binge watch Netflix. After all, a mother must learn to multitask!
Take things up a notch with these ideas:
- Peachy Keen: You've had coffee every other morning this week. The White Peach Green Tea Bellini is where brunch meets boozy tea party, and the green tea gives the same perk. The recipe is simple, just follow the link!
- Lips Like Sugar: This is a celebration after all, so line the rim of your glass with flavored sugar. You deserve it!
- If you're skipping the Bellinis, pour hot water over this exquisite flowering tea and watch the drama unfold. This elegant glass teapot provides a 360 degree view, and classes up the kitchen when parked on the stove.
- This isn't a morning for an old tee and sweatpants. Luxuriate in silk pajamas or a pretty slip. When you look good, you feel good.
- This is a holiday, so you should be served brunch on a silver platter, and by silver platter I mean bamboo tray.
- Do not tolerate paper plates or plastic cups. Your napkin should be cloth and your juice should be served in a proper glass carafe.
- Has your brunch turned into a marathon of Schitt's Creek on Netflix? Why not squeeze in some self-care? Lay back with a sheet mask or deep condition your hair. Paint your toes or use whitening strips on your teeth.
Most importantly, allow yourself to let go, and have others carry the load. You worked hard to get where you're at, and deserve this time. Happy Mother's Day.