Summer solstice is upon us. The longest day of 2020 is Saturday the 20th (that's a lot of 20s). Hot, steamy weather is headed our way. In a month, they'll announce that we're in "the dog days of summer." Which got me thinking about dogs. Our team here at Ladles and Linens are true dog lovers. One look at our inventory makes it clear. From embroidered dog towels (58 different breeds thankyouverymuch!) to hilarious linen towels, we know how to celebrate man's best friend!
And while we love to cook and entertain for our loved ones, we believe in spoiling our furry friends too! Dogs basically wear fur coats throughout summer, panting the days away. So in addition to bringing them inside, you can spoil them with homemade treats. It's easier than you think! We stock silicone dog biscuit molds and the recipe options are endless.
Here's an easy starter:
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 – 3 cups whole wheat flour
- A dash of salt
- Preheat your over to 350 degrees
- In an electric mixer, beat pumpkin puree, peanut butter and eggs on medium-high until well combined, about 1-2 minutes.
- Gradually add 2 1/2 cups flour at low speed, beating just until incorporated. Add an additional 1/4 cup flour at a time just until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Press mixture into the silicone mold
- Place into oven and bake until golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool completely before popping out.
Are your dog biscuits not the cutest? Who's a good wittle puppy pawwent? You are! Oh yes you are!
Happy solstice, and bring on the dog days!