Eight Steps to a More Sustainable Kitchen
Earth Day is just around the corner, and to celebrate, we've listed 8 things you can do to save money and the planet. That's right - a major benefit of "going green" is more green in your pocket. So let's make haste for less waste!
- Tired of going through boxes of sandwich bags? Switch to Bee Wraps, which are reusable, and have fun themes. You can seal containers or wrap up lunch items to go.
- Slow your roll - specifically that roll of aluminum foil. These playful silicone lids were designed by Charles Viancin, and take on the shapes of lemon slices, cherry blossoms and more!
- We've heard enough stories about sea life dying from ingesting too much single-use plastic. Do your part by switching to these festive silicone straws. They're dishwasher safe, and food grade BPA-free.
- Teach the kiddos while they're young, and stock up on some short straws too.
- These stainless steel straws will class up any mojito. They won't rust or break, and come with their own brush cleaners.
- The Swedish have always been a few steps ahead of us, and we can't take our eyes off their stylish collection of dish cloths. Paper towels have never looked so drab.
- Zip-closed storage bags don't come cheap, and you usually have to toss them after a single use. Not the case with these storage bags. They've got the Southern charm of an old-fashioned jam jar, but are reusable, leak-proof and dishwasher safe. Also available in medium and large.
- Research is beginning to emerge about plastic particles found in our atmosphere, and the air we breathe. Why not join the movement to limit plastics by switching to these stainless steel food containers? Non-toxic, non-leaching and BPA-free.
Have a happy Earth Day!